A Nice Surprise This Weekend
I would like to thank World Wife Traveler for recommending The Seoul of Cyprus for the Versatile Blogger Award. She’s an American expat living in China, experiencing all sorts of new things about life in China. That for me would be a huge culture shock, but she does it with poise and honesty. Read her posts sometime, and you won’t be disappointed.
The Versatile Blogger Rules
▪ Add The Versatile Blogger award photo on a blog post
▪ Thank the person (or animal) who presented you with the award and link back to him or her in your post
▪ Share seven things about yourself
▪ Pass the award along to 15 favorite bloggers. Contact the chosen bloggers to let them know about the award.
Seven Things About Me
1. I am an Asian-American girl who speaks with a southern twang. Although nowadays, my southern accent only comes back when I talk to my girlfriends from home.
2. I delivered both of the boys without an epidural – all naturel, baby. And the second delivery was definitely harder than the first.
3. I never thought being a professor’s wife would lead to so much travel.
4. I hardly cook. That’s hubby’s expertise. I bake from scratch, although not in Cyprus.
5. I was in Washington, D.C. on September 11, 2011. It was one of the scariest days ever.
6. The day Prof and I married, I saw one of the most touching moments between my parents:
During family introductions at our wedding reception, my dad calls mom beautiful, and my mom waves her hands up in the air like she doesn’t care, and everyone claps and roars in pure delight. For traditional Korean parents, that was awesome.
7. Finally, I have now traveled to 14 countries in my lifetime: Afghanistan, Canada, Cyprus, Egypt, England, France (x2), Germany (x2), Greece, Italy, Luxembourg, Mexico (x2), Qatar, South Korea (x2), and Switzerland. For this sometimes travel-phobic girl, that’s a lot. =)
Drum Roll Please
And my nominees for the Versatile Blogger Award are: